Have you heard about the A2 milk? If you ask a common person about A2 milk he will surely not have an idea about it. Everyone will just have the basic knowledge of milk being a great source of protein and calcium. A tetra pack you get every day from the nearby stores for daily use.
But at present there are two types of milk. They are –
- A1 variety Milk
- A2 variety Milk
Many would have heard about this organic milk or ghee in recent times. Let me give you a clear picture regarding the types of milk which occupy their place in the market.
A1 variety milk
A1 cows are breeds like Holstein, Friesian and Ayrshire. A1 type of milk contains an amino acid called histidine. A1 beta-casein can be found in all commercially-prepared milk. A1 is considered a genetic mutation that results in the production of the compound BCM7.
It is said that an A1 type of milk can cause harmful health effects. By consuming A1 type of milk the risk of type 1 diabetes is more. Studies proved that A1 beta-casein may develop insulin-dependent diabetes.
A2 variety milk
A2 cows are the earlier breeds of the Indian desi cow or the African cows. The structure of A2 variety milk is similar to the human milk beta-casein chain which does not produce the compound BCM7. Thus it is said that A2 milk supports easy digestion. As it is high in Omega 3 and 6, Vitamins, Calcium, Iodine, Minerals and antioxidant beta-carotene etc. A2 milk has shown medicinal benefits.
Why A2 cow ghee?
You may be having questions like – why only A2 cow ghee? What are the benefits of ghee? What’s the significance of A2 milk ghee? So on and so forth. Let me tell you the truth about the use of A2 cow ghee in India.
The ghee made by the A2 milk which contains A2 beta-casein is called A2 ghee. Only some native Indian breed cows have A2 beta-casein in their milk. Only 3-4 breeds in India have a good milking capacity, which includes Tharparkar of Rajasthan, Sahiwal and Red Sindhi of Punjab and Gir-Saurashtra etc.
We prepare the pure desi ghee from A2 milk from our own Sahiwal breed cows. Sahiwal is a breed of Zebu cattle. It is also considered the best milch cattle breed. It is capable of giving up to 20 litres of milk at a time. It has 5-6% essential fat in its milk which is further used to prepare pure desi ghee under the Vedic method.
Due to the presence of this additional allele, Sahiwal breeds milk acts as a blessing to humanity which in turn is helpful in curing several diseases like cholesterol, diabetes and heart problems. And this is the reason Sahiwal is considered an important cow breed. We do not use any artificial equipment or supplement in the cow’s diet.
A2 cow ghee is made with A2 milk through a Vedic process. You can buy organic grass-fed desi cow ghee which is also called Vedic A2 ghee at our online store – https://sureshfoods.com/.
Vedic A2 ghee
Vedic A2 Ghee is the traditional healthy bilona-made ghee. It is prepared by simmering the butter obtained from churning the cultured curd made from Pure A2 Sahiwal cow milk. This method ensures the right balance of all fatty acids in our pure grass-fed desi cow ghee. Grass-fed Vedic A2 ghee has proven medicinal, cosmetic and other health benefits.
Bilona Ghee is prepared by the traditional bilona churned method. You obtain desi ghee from the curd route. When you first obtain milk from desi cows, only 70% of milk is obtained and 30% is left for the calf.
Then you boil milk in earthen pots and keep the milk overnight to make curd out of it. Once you have curd, you need to make butter out of curd and then this butter is boiled to evaporate water and the fat (clarified butter) is separated from the milk solids.
In this process, around 27 – 28 Kg of milk is used to make just 1 KG of ghee! It has all the properties described in Vedas and Ayurvedic Shastras. It is the essence of milk, rather than heating the cream obtained directly from milk.
Desi Ghee ( pure cow ghee), prepared by the bilona churning method, is more costly than the ghee prepared with the Commercial method; where companies use machines and chemicals to prepare ghee. Kindly refer to the link Why Desi Cow Ghee Is Costlier Than Normal Ghee.
Ghee is a rich source of a variety of micronutrients for building immunity. It involves unadulterated anti-oxidants, protein, and the source of many vitamins. Ghee is said to be beneficial for cardiovascular health as it contains a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids. Medicinal benefits, skincare benefits, and cooking benefits are possessed by desi ghee.
The first point we have to remember here is the quality of ghee is dependent on the quality of milk. Many factors are impacting the quality of milk such as the health of the cow and living conditions of the cow and quality of grass intake by the cow. The first step is to boil the milk so that it will be free from bacteria and safe for consumption.
The method of making curd is a spoonful of existing curd that you have to add in lukewarm milk overnight. Once your curd is set then keep it in a cool place before the next process.
The curd is churned in clockwise and anticlockwise motion with wooden Bilona to collect the solid Makhan on the upper surface of buttermilk and this way we get the Makkhan third step will over.
The collected butter has to be heated until the water content gets evaporated. Once it’s ready the ghee will start emitting the peculiar aroma and foams will produce on the surface while heating. The golden liquid ghee has to be strained through the strainer in a jar. Use a dry jar for long-lasting ghee.
- Having pure desi ghee which is made with A2 milk helps to lower cholesterol and does not add on as a bad fat in the body.
- Consumption of A2 ghee reduces obesity and does not lead to any weight issues. Though ghee can be used as a vital element in the balanced diet for weight management i.e. loss or gain of weight.
- A2 cow ghee has a great healing property that helps in curing wounds, burns etc.
- A2 milk ghee benefits us with Vitamin A, D, E and K which helps us to improve the functioning of the parts of the body.
- It is also believed that the hump on the body of the desi cows absorbs the energy from the sun rays, moon and other luminous bodies, which is further transmitted to their milk. By consuming the pure desi ghee produced from the organic grass-fed desi cow can benefit us in various ways. Thus it acts as an energy promoter.
- Regular consumption of A2 ghee promotes bone strength and also helps in providing a better cure for broken bones.
- Vedic A2 ghee not only prevents heart blockage but also ensures good cardiovascular health.
- A2 cow ghee made with A2 milk helps in keeping the joints lubricated and reduces joint pains.
- By the regular consumption of pure desi ghee in your diet helps to rejuvenate the body.
- It also slows down the progress of cancer-causing cells.
- Organic grass-fed desi cow Indian ghee acts as a moisturizer to the skin.
- It also eases constipation.
Ghee is very good for our health but it must be pure cow’s milk ghee. Ghee is the food that not only adds flavour to food but also it makes our food balanced diet ghee is a rich source of vitamin A and E. It is used as food as well as medicine. It is also used in the worship of gods and goddesses.
Pure desi cow milk ghee is beneficial for our health as it contains lots of fats which provide more energy to our body. I use a spoon of ghee in my diet. However, a healthy human can consume three spoons a day, without any side effects.
Reasons why A2 ghee is the most desirable option:
– A1 protein, present in A1 milk and ghee, is well-renowned to be harmful, specifically for people with lactose intolerance. It is also less absorbable as compared to A2 protein.
– A1 milk and, accordingly, A1 ghee, are obtained from genetically modified Holstein/Jersey cows. On the contrary, A2 milk and A2 ghee generate from primitive breeds, that is the Desi Gir cow, which has been through genetic mutation.
– Desi Gir cows, mostly indigenous breeds, generate up to 6 liters of milk per day. Cows bred for larger productivity and lower expense, can produce up to 20 liters per day. Such difference in productivity adds to the higher expense of A2 Milk and A2 Ghee as compared to their A1 counterparts.
A2 ghee is obtained from pure A2 milk, consisting of only A2 Beta-casein protein. Such protein is available in the milk of particular native Indian cow breeds and further animals like the Indian buffalo, goat, sheep, camel, etc.
A2 ghee, rich in beneficial nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids, is considered to be effective for cardiovascular health. Such A2 protein in desi cow ghee supports the creation of High-Density Lipoproteins (HDLs), preventing increased cholesterol levels by extracting them from the bloodstream.
A2 Ghee is created from A2 milk curd. Such a process involves utilizing a thick clay vessel to churn unprocessed gir cow butter and cream with the help of a wooden churner, renowned as the bilona process. The extracted butter is then heated on a warm wooden flame in a clay pot until it converts into golden liquid ghee.
A2 Ghee is an excellent choice for health conscious who opt for organic and natural products..